Monday, November 28, 2011

"My Heart" ~ New album from Doris Day


My Heart is the 29th studio album by Doris Day, released on September 5, 2011. On September 11, 2011 the album entered the UK chart at number nine, making Doris Day the oldest artist to score a UK Top 10 with an album featuring new material. Eight of the songs are new releases, with three of them written by Day's son Terry Melcher, and Bruce Johnston. Many of the songs on this collection were recorded in the mid-eighties for her Doris Day's Best Friends television show. The songs were meant to be used as background music for segments featuring Doris and the animals. When the original recordings were recently retrieved, it seemed only right that her fans should hear these songs, newly remixed for superior sound quality. "My One and Only Love" was previously issued on Day's 1962 album with André Previn, Duet, "Life Is Just a Bowl of Cherries" was previously issued on The Love Album (1994), "My Buddy" was previously issued on I'll See You in My Dreams (1951) and "Ohio" was issued first on 1960's Show Time.



About the New Album | SHOP: Doris Day

No comments:

Tweets from Easy Music Radio.com