Monday, January 10, 2011

CONNEE BOSWELL

Constance Foore "Connee" Boswell was born 3 January 1907 in Kansas City, Missouri (Death: October 11, 1976, New York). American female vocalist raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. With her sisters, Martha and Helvetia "Vet" Boswell, performed in the 1930s as The Boswell Sisters and became a highly influential singing group during this period via recordings and radio. Connee herself is widely considered one of the greatest jazz female vocalists and was a major influence on Ella Fitzgerald who said, "My mother brought home one of her records, and I fell in love with it....I tried so hard to sound just like her." In 1936, Connee's sisters retired and Connee continued on as a solo artist. She recorded many solos during her years with the group.



 
Wikipedia | Search Amazon.com for Connee" Boswell




I'll Never Say "Never Again" AgainI Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart

No comments:

Tweets from Easy Music Radio.com